Saturday, April 11, 2009

Speaking at the Colgne JUG Monday, April 20th

Colgne jug image I'll be speaking at the Cologne Java Users Group on the eve of the JAX Conference, on Monday, April 20th at 7 PM. I'm letting the JUG organizer pick the topic, so I'm not sure what I'll be talking about, but I'm looking forward to it: I've never spoken at a German JUG before. If you're in the neighborhood, stop by and we'll geek out, then have a real beer afterwards.

Update: Here is a link to the slides I presented at the JUG. Thanks for having me; I had a great time.

4 comments:

valentin said...

Neil,

thank you very much for your great talk in Cologne. It was both extremely interesting and entertaining for me. In the end you gave us a link where we could find the slides. I jotted down github.com/neilford in my notebook but there is nothing here.

It would be great to have your slides to recap some of the stuff (especially the part about estimation - that was a real eye opener for me. Is is possible to find more information about your methodology in your Productive Programmer book?). Can you maybe send me a working link or the slides?

Thanks a bunch,
Valentin

Neal Ford said...

As you can see from the update, you can grab the slides here: http://nealford.com/downloads/conferences/canonical/Neal_Ford-XP_in_Practice-slides.pdf

Most of the estimation stuff I talked about is mostly lifted from Mike Cohn's excellent Agile Estimation & Planning (http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Estimating-Planning-Robert-Martin/dp/0131479415/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240573841&sr=8-1)

Sujeet Singh said...

Hi Neil,
Can you please fix the broken link?
It gives 404 error.

Neal Ford said...

Sorry about that, some web-site rearranging. It's fixed now.